Family Support Center
Basic needs. Community. Family.
About our program
The Family Support Center is a drop-in center that provides basic needs items such as diapers, baby formula, food, school supplies, toiletries, books, and educational toys. The center includes two playrooms and a kitchen where families can connect with other families and staff. We offer informal counseling and parent education including ESL classes, Circle of Security, and Family-Group Connections.
Services are offered in English, Spanish, Portuguese, and Cape Verdean Creole.
We would not exist without the community’s support. The FSC is always looking to stock the donation room with the following items:
- Shampoo, conditioner, and soap
- Natural hair products for black hair
- Baby items (pacifiers, blankets, pack’n’plays, diaper rash, cream)
- Baby wipes
- Bottles and sippy cups
- New children’s/youth clothes
- Backpacks and school materials
Philosophy & Mission
- Provid a safe and supportive environment for families to connect with each other and build community.
- Offer parenting education and resources to help parents navigate the challenges of raising children.
- Provide access to healthcare, mental health services, and other support services for families in need.
How to sign up
The FSC’s entrance is found on Franklin street just around the corner of our main entrance. Parents will be greeted by a friendly staff member and will be asked to fill out a intake form.
What to bring into the office:
- Valid photo ID (ex. drivers lisence, domestic/international passport, ect.)
- Child’s birth certificate